Voo Virtual
Olá, seja bem-vindo(a) ao Voo Virtual. Caso ainda não seja membro da nossa comunidade, registre-se, para que possa participar ativamente e ter acesso a todos os conteúdos do site.
Por favor leia as regras do fórum aqui antes de postar, para evitar advertências e suspensão.

Anuncio da PMDG de 04 de Fevereiro Gse_multipart13851

Anuncio da PMDG de 04 de Fevereiro

+7
Trovis
Guilhermme Anotnio
Augusto Sposito
Carvalho
Bruno Bastos
Alvega
AyrJr
11 participantes

Ir para baixo

Anuncio da PMDG de 04 de Fevereiro Empty Anuncio da PMDG de 04 de Fevereiro

Mensagem por AyrJr Seg 06 Fev 2012, 14:38

Como o anuncio vai de FSX ao XPX, achei melhor postar aqui:

NGX SP1c Update got run over by migrating herd of software:
================================================
As is typical of companies that do what we do- we occasionally upgrade some of the software and tools we use. Since the NGX release in August, we have been quietly upgrading servers, adding functionality and updating the software that we use to run the operation of PMDG. One of those upgrades was scheduled for the end of January and it required taking down the systems we use for code development for a few days. When we scheduled this upgrade a few months ago, we had planned to have the SP1c and SDK already out- but this didn't happen- so the SP1c/SDK release got steamrolled by the server and software migration schedule.

We are now working with some new development tools in the background that will ultimately improve our products- but this also means that we have to do a bit more checking and work with SP1c and the SDK to make sure that these changes didn't break anything unexpected. I anticipate this process taking a few days to a few weeks depending upon what we find.

As of today it looks as though we caught/fixed the few items that will be a factor- but we are going to make sure.

ETOPS, Installshield and never going near the pool without a life vest:
=======================================================
In the ETOPS environment, it is critical that you never work on "both sides of the airplane" at the same time. This way, even if you make an error on on engine- you won't have opened up the other engine- and the theory goes that you'll make it to your alternate safely in the event something goes wrong...

But rather than take this sage advice, we are throwing caution to the wind- and also went ahead with this week's planned update to Installshield 2012. We've been using a six year old version of Installshield- and the update was long overdue.

This too, was scheduled to take place AFTER the SP1c/SDK update- but since we got run over by the herd of migrating software we figured we might as well go all out...

Converting the NGX installer over is taking a bit of time- but the new version will give us great flexibility and options for installation methods. Once we have the kinks worked out of the installer conversion- we'll be good to go with the SP1c/SDK release!

SDK appears to be finished:
======================
The SDK appears to be finished- and we've had a few folks working with it testing functionality. We corrected a few things that they reported back with- and we feel it is good to go. The SDK is synched to SP1c, so we are goign to hold of pushing it out the door until SP1c also goes out- as you cannot use one without the other.

PMDG 777 for FSX:
================
This project is moving ahead quite nicely- and you will see previews late in first quarter. Given that we have historically taken 3 years or more between major product releases- I think you will be quite pleased to see how far along this project is already! More on this later- and no we will not discuss a release date...

PMDG Development for XPlane:

=========================
As I mentioned in a previous post, we see PMDG developing on multiple platforms in the future. There are a number of business arguments for why this is a good idea- and it has been part of our long term strategic plan for about the past 18 months. As we transition between the NGX and the 777, we have decided that now is a good time to begin the process of developing our first project for the XPlane series.

I have seen/read a bunch of hyperbole on this topic of late- so I wanted to make very clear that yes, PMDG is going to develop a product for Xplane10. It is going to be a conversion of either the BAe JS4100, the NGX or the [secret project: censored].

We are in the process of evaluating which of these projects will be the conversion project- and while we respect that many folks will have opinions on this topic- I want to make clear that our criteria for this selection has everything to do with easing our own learning process, and allowing us to experiment with the new platform, and unit sales/customer desires are secondary and probably tertiary...

We have a fellow who has just joined the team who will be heading up this process for us. We will not be making any announcements about which project gets selected- just in case we change our mind and find it necessary to change direction once the conversion process has begun.

Once we know for certain that the conversion project is going to make it to completion- we'll let you know which airplane will be first to depart in the XPlane product line!

Personally I am quite excited about this process- as I find that Xplane has some features that absolutely tickle the developer in me. From a marketing perspective- Xplane gives me some concern- as any "healthy" platform for PMDG needs to have lots of scenery and airport designers at work- as well as "competing" designers because in order for PMDG to thrive in a marketplace- the marketplace itself needs to be thriving.

PMDG Development for Prepar3d:
===========================
Thanks to some spry folks here in the forum, we have been in dicsussion with Lockheed Martin, Corp. regarding the current state of, and future development plans for the Prepar3d platform. As I stated in a previous post on this topic, we are currently evaluating which "commercially available" platform we are going to be using for our Commercial Solutions Division.

I have seen quite a bit of discussion in this forum and others about whether or not Prepar3d is the replacement platform for FSX, etc etc etc. After my discussion with John Nicol at Lockheed Martin, I feel that I have a very clear picture of what LMCorp has planned for Prepar3d, and equally importantly, *what they do NOT have planned.*

From PMDG's perspective, Prepar3d is not going to be a platform into which we push our retail product line. There will never be a consumer version of P3D, and as such it is not reasonable or feasible for us to expect the major market to exist on P3D beyond a small set of folks who don't mind the niche nature and the price tag.

Now- that being said- there are some very serious licensing questions that come up when folks start talking about using our existing retail product line within Prepar3d. These are issues that we are going to be working with Lockheed Martin and the Prepar3d platform to resolve- as there is a significant amount of unwanted legal liability placed on our shoulders if an airline or airline employed pilot decides to place one of our retail products into that platform and use it for any purpose. Our legal counsel has weighed in on this topic already- and I anticipate that we are going to be updating our EULA to prohibit the use of our products within the Prepar3d platform- but I also am willing to bet that in the long term we will wind up altering their function so that you can only use a product in Prepar3d if it has been specifically licensed for use in Prepar3d and in a commercial environment.

I realize this will disappoint some folks- but the hard reality is that we live in a world where lawyers look for any scapegoat they can find when an airplane has an incident. FSX and our retail products are very clear about the limits of their use- and the fact that Lockheed Martin has made retail products compatible with Prepar3d through the implementation of the FSX version of simconnect means that PMDG has to clearly demonstrate that we will not allow our retail products to be used in a non retail environment... I wish it were otherwise- but since we are talking about real-world liability here- we must act very clearly.

(Please- lets not get into a Forum Lawyer debate about EULA's and Liability Mitigation. The only opinions that matter on this topic are the opinions coming from the law firms (yes- plural) that PMDG pays to provide us with guidance on these topics. Thank you for your understanding.)

NGX Backup CD Production:
======================
I almost for forgot this one: Many of you ordered the backup CD for the NGX. Our plan has been to put them into production once we have the SP1 process finished. We didn't really plan on SP1b- and we definitely didn't plan on SP1c... but 1c is the last SP1 update- so they will go into production within days of the SP1c release!

Fonte
AyrJr
AyrJr
Capitão
Capitão

Masculino
Inscrito em : 24/02/2011
Reputação : 29
Simulador preferido : X-Plane
Emprego/lazer : PPH
Nacionalidade : Brasil

Ir para o topo Ir para baixo

Anuncio da PMDG de 04 de Fevereiro Empty Re: Anuncio da PMDG de 04 de Fevereiro

Mensagem por Alvega Seg 06 Fev 2012, 15:33

Obrigado por postar, AyrJr.

Para os que ainda pensavam que o Prepar3D vinha tomar o lugar do FSX, isto já diz tudo:

and I anticipate that we are going to be updating our EULA to prohibit the use of our products within the Prepar3d platform

Em relação ao X-Plane, aguardemos para saber qual vai ser a aeronave que vão escolher para ser a primeira. Seria bom que fosse o NGX.

Alvega
Membro Fundador
Membro Fundador

Masculino
Inscrito em : 13/04/2008
Reputação : 921
Simulador preferido : MSFS e X-Plane
Nacionalidade : Portugal

https://www.voovirtual.com

Mensagem por Bruno Bastos Seg 06 Fev 2012, 17:24

Olha, se o 777 da PMDG for um NGX da vida, vai ficar show de bolaa!
Bruno Bastos
Bruno Bastos
Major
Major

Masculino
Inscrito em : 07/07/2011
Reputação : 14
Simulador preferido : FSX
Emprego/lazer : Estudante de Piloto Privado

Mensagem por AyrJr Seg 06 Fev 2012, 17:54

Bruno_ifly escreveu:Olha, se o 777 da PMDG for um NGX da vida, vai ficar show de bolaa!

Você não leu direito né? 777 da PMDG... como pode não ser um NGX da vida? lol
AyrJr
AyrJr
Capitão
Capitão

Masculino

Mensagem por Carvalho Seg 06 Fev 2012, 19:58

AyrJr escreveu:
Bruno_ifly escreveu:Olha, se o 777 da PMDG for um NGX da vida, vai ficar show de bolaa!

lol lol lol

Carvalho
Moderador
Moderador

Masculino
Inscrito em : 15/04/2008
Reputação : 388

Mensagem por Augusto Sposito Seg 06 Fev 2012, 21:51

Vindo da PMDG, não irei me surpreender se eles lançarem ainda mais detalhado que o NGX!! Yesyes

| Asus Sabertooth P67 | Core i7-2700K 4.8GHz | Corsair H100i | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia GTX660 Ti FTW 3GB GDDR5 EVGA | Seagate 1TB Sata III | Seagate 3TB Sata III | Seagate 2TB Sata II | Samsung 1TB USB 3.0 | Seventeam 750W | Gabinete Carbide Series 200R Corsair | Samsung 19" | FSX Acceleration | Prepar3D v2.2 | Windows 7 SP1 | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro | Speedy Fibra 30MB |
Augusto Sposito
Augusto Sposito
Banido

Masculino
Inscrito em : 20/02/2011
Reputação : 447

Mensagem por Bruno Bastos Ter 07 Fev 2012, 02:51

Ah sim, sem duvidas vai ser um ótimo addons ! lol
Bruno Bastos
Bruno Bastos
Major
Major

Masculino
Inscrito em : 07/07/2011
Reputação : 14
Emprego/lazer : Estudante de Piloto Privado

Mensagem por Guilhermme Anotnio Ter 07 Fev 2012, 10:59

Na copa de 2014 fica pronto !!! Mais não veijo a hora... happy

Guilhermme Anotnio
Guilhermme Anotnio
Major
Major

Masculino
Inscrito em : 04/11/2011
Reputação : -12
Simulador preferido : MSFS
Emprego/lazer : Empresário

https://www.youtube.com/guilhermmepereira

Mensagem por Trovis Qua 08 Fev 2012, 16:45

Chuto lá para o final de 2013

Trovis
Tenente-Coronel
Tenente-Coronel

Masculino
Inscrito em : 09/08/2011
Reputação : 9

Mensagem por mancini Sex 09 Mar 2012, 07:52

AyrJr escreveu:

ele quis dizer, se o 777 for tao bom quanto o ngx, vai ficar show de bola..interpretação de texto nota 0, ne?

i7 990x Extreme / Cooler H50 + 2 fans Akasa Apache / Rampage II Extreme / GTX690 4096MB 4GB / Kingston HyperX1600Mhz Triple channel / WD Velociraptor 300 GB 10.000 rpm /Thermaltake Toughpower 1000W /Thermaltake Xaser VI Full Tower / Mouse Sidewinder / Monitor Samsung T27A550 LED 27"
mancini
mancini
Major
Major

Masculino
Reputação : 10
Emprego/lazer : Atendente de Pista(GIG). Líder aviação

http://Av. são gualter,366

Mensagem por Ghost Sex 09 Mar 2012, 10:40

Vou aguardar ansiosamente o prometido PMDG pra x-plane. Por ser uma plataforma mais leve espero finalmente rodar um pmdg com 40 fps no VC.

Ghost
Coronel
Coronel

Masculino
Inscrito em : 28/07/2011
Reputação : 145
Simulador preferido : x-plane 10

Mensagem por Trovis Sex 09 Mar 2012, 10:41

mancini escreveu:
AyrJr escreveu:

ele quis dizer, se o 777 for tao bom quanto o ngx, vai ficar show de bola..interpretação de texto nota 0, ne?
Então... ele quis dizer que, por ser da PMDG, não tem como não ficar tão bom quanto o NGX.

Trovis
Tenente-Coronel
Tenente-Coronel

Masculino
Inscrito em : 09/08/2011
Reputação : 9

Mensagem por marcos1sp Sex 09 Mar 2012, 11:53

Ghost escreveu:Vou aguardar ansiosamente o prometido PMDG pra x-plane. Por ser uma plataforma mais leve espero finalmente rodar um pmdg com 40 fps no VC.

Nossa

Isto para mim é sonho de consumo, rodar 40 fps.

admirado

marcos1sp
Moderador
Moderador

Masculino
Inscrito em : 16/11/2010
Reputação : 269
Emprego/lazer : Analista de Suporte

Mensagem por AyrJr Sex 09 Mar 2012, 15:14

Olha, eu não vi ninguém comentar ainda, vocês chegaram a ver isso?

Anuncio da PMDG de 04 de Fevereiro PMDG_DC6B_Classic_5
AyrJr
AyrJr
Capitão
Capitão

Masculino